10 – 14 June 2011, Sarajevo | Kid’s Festival is the largest independent youth event in South East Europe. Over 40,000 children from all over Bosnia and Herzegovina participate in the festival each year. The festival provides a perfect mix of entertainment and education featuring workshops, movies, music, plays and dance performances.
The colourful Kid’s Parade through Sarajevo city centre opens the festival. Dressed in fantasy outfits, costumes, masks and colourful hats, kids and adults stroll the streets from Bascarsija to Zetra.
International performers, clowns, magicians, dancers and musicians are the highlights of the festival each year. Kid's Festival’s motto promotes the initiative of the Council of Europe “All different, all equal”.
Kid’s Festival 2011 Programme
10th June 2011 : KID’S PARADE
The colourful KID’S PARADE through Sarajevo City centre starting at the Cathedral opens the Festival. Schools, foreign artists, partners, friends, embassies, staff members, sponsors, community police officers participate. Adults and kids: just get your flags, national costumes, fancy dresses, instruments, fantasy outfits, costumes, masks, colourful hats, face paint … dress up for the Kids Parade! The best costume or outfit will be awarded.
• 16:00 Kid’s Parade starts: Cathedral, BBI, Presidency, Zetra
• Kid’s Cosmic Show, presenting MAXIMUM POWER
• 18:30 Movie (special projection at Zetra)
June 11th - 14th, 2011 : KID’S FESTIVAL in Zetra
• 14:00 beginning of workshops, exhibitions, entertainment, booths
• 17:00 beginning of DJ animation, Kid’s Cosmic Show, exclusive introduction of MAXIMUM POWER
• 18:00 beginning of the film screenings (entrance to the movie hall from 16:30)
For more info on festival's activity visit Kid's Festival website and photostream on Flickr.