What does your neighbourhood mean to you today? What might change and what might stay the same in your neighbourhood when Bosnia and Herzegovina becomes a member of the European Union? Maybe there is something in your neighbourhood that would be a positive contribution to the EU?
These are questions posed by the photo competition ‘My Neighbourhood’ launched on Tuesday (October 18) by the Delegation of the European Union to Bosnia and Herzegovina and EU Special Representative.
Deputy Head of the Delegation of the European Union, Renzo Daviddi said:
“As Bosnia and Herzegovina, along with the rest of the Western Balkans region, comes closer to the EU and its institutions, there will be visible effects in day to day life, in the communities. The idea that enlargement of the EU is relevant to everyone’s neighbourhood is the idea behind this photo competition.
It’s a photo competition for young people aged 16-26 years; there will be a panel of expert judges and the top two photos will be awarded with stills cameras. We encourage everyone who is eligible to get involved!”
The following rules of the competition will apply:
1. Entrants must be between sixteen (16) and twenty-six (26) years of age.
2. Entries should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
3. Entrants should give their name, date of birth, address and submit a short explanation, relevant to the theme, of the photograph(s) they have submitted.
4. There is a maximum of 4 photos per entrant. (In case of receiving more than 4 photographs, only 4 first by order of sending will be taken into consideration.)
5. All applications will be immediately published on EU Facebook profile (http://www.facebook.com/europa.ba), for the wide public to also take part in voting for a ‘public choice’ as best photo.
6. The deadline for entries is 5.00pm on Friday 18 November 2011.
Criteria of the competition
1. Relevance to the theme “My Neighbourhood”;
2. Composition of the frame;
3. Light used for photography;
4. Idea and message sent;
5. Number of “likes” on Facebook
The top two photos will be awarded with photo (stills) cameras.
The winners will be announced two weeks after the deadlines for applications, and be presented with the prizes at an event with Ambassador Peter Sorensen, Head of the Delegation of the EU to Bosnia and Herzegovina and EU Special Representative.
All authors of selected photos will be asked for their approval for their photos to be used for the EU in B&H Calendar 2012.